Some Poems I like
Some poetry archives
- Representative Poetry On-Line at the University of Toronto includes 2,350 English poems by 368 poets from Caedmon, in the Old English period, to the work of living poets today. Indexed by poet, first line, title, keywords, and date, and includes a glossary and a collection of the best in poetry criticism in prose and verse, from Puttenham to Pater.
- The Dead Poets Society, by Richard Darsie, a tastefully idiosyncratic selection from 20 of my favorite poets, plus links to more great sites.
- Poetry: a tastefully idiosyncratic selection in English and Swedish, by Johanna Hansdotter Sundberg.
- Poetry archives, with selections from 17 poets well worth reading.
- Poet's Corner, whose unabashed goal is Our goal is to create the largest, most diverse, and most user-friendly public library of poetic works ever assembled. Currently claiming 6,700 works by 780 Poets.
- The Poetry Archives, somewhat commercial, nonetheless one of the largest collections of classical poetry on the internet (4732 poems by 149 poets).
- British Poetry 1780-1910, a Hypertext Archive of Scholarly Editions at the Electronic Text Center, Alderman Library, University of Virginia.
- Twentieth-century Poetry in English on a web server in Japan, includes Internet information relating to 159 poets with local emphases on eleven.
- The Find a Poet page at The Academy of American Poets
- Chesil's Favourite Poetry, another idiosyncratic collection that I approve of.
- Sailing Poems, collected by Ed Zeiser.
This page has been seentimes since October 23, 1998.